One day Birdseye(1) went to the liebreay. He found a book that looked like a good book. He checked it out. It was called And…And…And…Vanished!
Then he went home and read the book. The first chapter was about a girl who was a spoiled brat. This girl wanted everything and if she didn’t get it she would scream. Nobody liked that. Well she wanted a space alien.(2) Nobody could get that. She would scream night and day.
After the first chapter Birdseye had some lunch. While eating Birdseye thought to himself.(3) He thought that he would finish the book tonight.
After lunch he started the book again. This chapter was about how the girl got her wish. An alien landed in her yard this alien took the girl away. This girl was so happy she didn’t care about her parents or anything. She didn’t write anybody.(4) One day this alien pushed her into space. So if you ever see a girl floating in space you’ll know who she is.(5)
(1) I have no clue who or what this is. Maybe we had some frozen veggies for dinner the night before?
(2) I blame my early obsession with aliens on the television show Unsolved Mysteries. My father didn’t start listening to Art Bell’s Coast to Coast AM radio show until later in my childhood.
(3) Don’t we all do this while eating?
(4) Because, if aliens exist, you’re darn tootin’ that it’s possible to send missives from outer space.
(5) Wonder what happened to Birdseye? He just kind of “And…And…And…Vanished!” from the end of the story. This ending, while it feels abrupt, is literary genius. Either that or I ran out of time.