I’ve added 2 more things to my new list. Check it out!
1. Actually celebrate Valentine’s Day: C’mon, I’m a resident of Loveland! While I’m always up for celebrating romantic love, I want to celebrate platonic love, too. This past year, a couple of my co-workers brought in treats and cards. And it got me thinking that a little pink and red in the middle of winter isn’t a bad thing.
2. Finish my chicken wall hanging and get it hung in my kitchen: So far so good on this one. I started this project when my mom visited in May of 2012. And then it sat. But a few weekends ago, the urge struck me to pick it back up. So I did. Here’s where I am so far:
All that’s left to do is attach eyes and “quilt” it. Gulp. (I need to call my mom about this. Hi, Mom!) Oh, and hang it, of course. If I’m lucky, this one will be done before I’m 31.
3. Pitch my book idea: Didn’t get done before 30, because it’s still percolating. Definitely will be ready by the time I turn 40.
4. Decorate the half bathroom: I have a vision. I just need to get focused and create a plan.
10. Do the Little Miami Triathlon: My knee still hurts after riding for several miles due to an epic bike ride in Alaska in 2011. I will accomplish this or something similar.
12. Host a brunch: Seriously, I will make quiche.
14. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail: Some day.
15. Learn to hambone: Actually, I’m almost there. Ha!
18. Become a 2-pet household: I desperately want a marmalade kitten. This little punkin would do just fine.
26. Peep at some leaves on the East Coast: This one may actually happen this year!
28. Learn the names of trees: This is an ongoing project and I hope to have a few trees committed to memory by the time I’m 40.