Ta-da! Here it is: a Forty Before 40 list! Granted, it’s still incomplete. All those Thirty Before 30 goals that didn’t accomplish? Well, they’re right here and ready to be taken on before the next decade is done and over.
Let’s have a quick rundown:
3. Pitch my book idea: Didn’t get done before 30, because it’s still percolating. Definitely will be ready by the time I turn 40.
4. Decorate the half bathroom: I have a vision. I just need to get focused and create a plan.
10. Do the Little Miami Triathlon: My knee still hurts after riding for several miles due to an epic bike ride in Alaska in 2011. I will accomplish this or something similar.
12. Host a brunch: Seriously, I will make quiche.
14. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail: Some day.
15. Learn to hambone: Actually, I’m almost there. Ha!
18. Become a 2-pet household: I desperately want a marmalade kitten. This little punkin would do just fine.
26. Peep at some leaves on the East Coast: This one may actually happen this year!
28. Learn the names of trees: This is an ongoing project and I hope to have a few trees committed to memory by the time I’m 40.
As you can see, I have a lot of holes. To the 40+ readers, what do you suggest I add to this list? To the under 40 crowd, what do you want to accomplish by the time you reach this age?